......Preparing Respectful, Responsible And Creative Thinkers In The Global Community
Line Elementary News:
- Assistance for School Supplies
- GRADES 4 & 5 MUSIC CONCERT HAS BEEN POSTPONED UNTIL MAY 1, 2014: Due to instructor illness, our grades 4 and 5 concert, scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday, April 10, 2014 has been postponed. The concert will now take place on Thursday, May 1, 2014 with a school performance for students at 2:00 PM and a community performance at 6:30 PM. Our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.
- NWEA Testing: is underway. Each student will be assessed in Reading and Math during the weeks leading up to April vacation. Teachers will use the assessment data to monitor student progress, adjust instructional focus, and identify students in need of additional academic support. A copy of the schedule sent home on 3/24/2013 can be accessed by clicking here.
- Report Cards: will be going home this Friday, March 28th. The report card and more detailed information can be accessed through our Educate/Empower system at educate.rsu57.org. If you no longer have your login information, please contact your student’s homeroom teacher for assistance.
- Congratulations: to 4th grade student Haden Buzzell! Haden won our school Geography Bee earlier this year in a close contest with Andrew Carroll (also in the 4th grade) finishing 2nd. As a school champion, Haden was allowed to take the State Geography Bee qualification test. We were recently notified that Haden’s score qualified him for competition and he will be representing our school in the State Geography Bee on April 4th at the University of Maine at Farmington. Way to go and good luck Haden!
- The RSU57 web page has a link to community events happening throughout the district. This can be found under the "community" heading on the district web site. We have also added this link to our site on the left menu under "Parent Resources."
- When your student is absent please call the school in the morning on the date of absence. When a student is absent and we do not receive a phone call from a parent or guardian giving us the reason for the absence, our procedure requires that a call home, usually by Mrs. Winn, be made to verify the parent is aware of the absence and the reason why. It is very helpful to us if we receive a call before the start of the school day and you can leave a message if a call is made before school hours.
- A link to information regarding current PTC fundraising opportunities has been added to the PTC section of this website. Please click on the link in the PTC section for more information on how you can participate in our Genevieve, Box Tops for Education, Clynk, and Hannaford Bucks fundraisers.